- Shock Tuning Options
- Product Features
Shock Tuning Options
Street Tune - For smooth on-road and off-road use. NO TOWING/Heavy Loads without adjusters on the shocks. This is our most popular tune for those wanting a smooth ride for mainly street, with some off-road.
HD Street Tune - For vehicles with taller lifts or carrying heavy loads without adjusters. Moderate off-road use.
Trail Tune - For vehicles wanting to drive faster off-road or needing better handling. Great for a more dedicated off-road vehicle.
Tuning Options from AccuTune Offroad are based on several factors including the vehicles weight, terrain preference and driving style. The Street Tune, HD Street and Trail Tune provide us with a starting point, and from there we fine tune the valving accordingly. Each shock is custom tuned specific to your vehicle based on the information you provide us. Tuning stages start at Street Tune and go up to Trail Tune. Each step up in stage will stiffen the valving resulting in better handling, better off-road capability, and better bottoming control at the expense of comfort, especially on the street. Bigger tires and lower air pressures can compensate for the stiffer valving.
AccuTune Off-Road Advantage
At AccuTune Off-Road we custom tune every shock to fit your Tacoma's modifications, your terrain, and your preferences to give you the best on-road and off-road ride possible. There are three steps which set AccuTune apart: phone consultation to understand your truck and use, AccuTune Equations using the latest tuning techniques to provide a completely custom shock, and finally in house re-valve to ensure quality and fast delivery. Go with AccuTune and feel the difference.
King 2.5 Long Travel Coilovers
The front of Tacoma's use A-Arms with a large motion ratio so large shocks are required provide off-road capability. King 2.5 coilovers provide the diameter necessary to make the damping force required to prevent your Tacoma from being too bouncy. The remote reservoirs decrease the operating pressure for a smoother ride and longer life span. The extended travel allows for lift heights up to 2.5" without the suspension over extending. For real off-road performance look no further than King 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers for your Tacoma.
Complete Long Travel Package
Adjustable limit strap clevises are included to properly limit suspension droop wheel travel and allow necessary adjustments during the life of the limit strap. Kit includes DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines, TC custom 17-4 stainless hi-misalignment spacers and all necessary Grade 8 mounting hardware.
Upper and lower control arms utilize urethane bushings which greatly reduce bushing deflection compared to stock rubber bushings. Providing a tighter off road feel and trail handling. All pivots include zerk fittings for easy lubrication maintenance.
Upper and lower Uniballs
Upper and lower ball joints are replaced with 1" uniballs for maximum wheel travel. TOTAL CHAOS 1" I.D. uniballs feature a heat treated stainless steel ball & race for superior corrosion resistance and component strength. A military grade PTFE woven fabric liner surrounds the uniball which helps prevent noise and debris buildup. Extended 4130 chromoly upper and lower control arms increase track width 2" per side and bolt to factory control arm mounting locations yielding 11.5" of travel. Upper and lower control arms utilize urethane bushings and steel inner sleeves which greatly reduce bushing deflection compared to stock rubber bushings.
- Race system legal for several different racing sanctions that have limited track width rules.
- 2″ extended 4130 chromoly tubular upper arms bolt to factory control arm mounting locations.
- Upper and lower ball joints are replaced with 1″ uniballs for maximum wheel travel and component strength.
- TOTAL CHAOS includes 1″ I.D. uniballs that feature a heat treated stainless steel ball & heat treated stainless steel race for maximum corrosion resistance and component longevity. These uniball’s also features a military grade PTFE woven fabric liner that helps prevent noise.
- Boxed and internally gusseted 2″ extended lower control arms bolt to factory control arm mounting locations and are pre tabbed for dual shock capability.
- 2.5″ long travel specific coil over shocks bolt into the factory coil bucket location. Extended travel shocks are too short and will not work.
- A secondary external bypass shock can be installed to increase dampening and tune-ability.
- Bolt on lower uniball adapters are CNC machined from billet steel and include shortened factory hardware for ease of installation.
- Lower control arm is compatible with Light Racing Jounce dome pad if vehicle is already equipped with this model bump stop. 1 1/2″ extension for Jounce shock is sold separately.
- Spring rate options offer the ability to customize your ride for your specific application allowing you to custom tune the vehicle for specific terrain or desired performance.
- Adjustable limit strap clevis’ are included so that you can properly limit the suspensions droop wheel travel and make necessary adjustments during the life of the limit strap.
- Stainless steel DOT braided brake lines, TC custom 17-4 stainless hi-misalignment spacers and all grade 8 mounting hardware is included.
- TC 4340 custom extended axles reuse factory inner and outer CV’s to retain 4wd.
(axles are sold separately and not included with the kit)
- 2 stage powder coat process includes a durable clear coat to provide a long lasting finish.
- Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
- Fiberglass fenders not required on FJ Cruisers. 4Runners are limited to 275/70R17 tires unless fiberglass is installed. Fiberglass fenders or extreme fender modifications/cutting required on Tacoma.
- TC includes 3/4″ chromoly lined heim joints for the pivots.
- 4130 chromoly tubing heim upper control arms are fully adjustable to allow maximum tuning of caster and camber.
- Zero bushing deflection.